Thursday, November 1, 2012

There's More to Mississippi Than Just Southern Food, and Mud Pies!



During my travels for work, I came across a unique place for dinner that impressed me and excited my taste buds…

Cristina’s International Cuisine (CIC) –  Restaurant Owner and Chef, Cristina is very hospitable and after talking to her during and after my meal, I could tell she had a passion for food and cooking.

Owner and Chef Cristina Green (left) and Food Critic, Lamar Burrell (right)
The restaurant, itself, seats approximately 60 customers and was recently remodeled to fit Cristina’s style and her vision.  I felt comfortable and the atmosphere was relaxing.  The experience was similar to visiting your grandma’s home and she simply took care of you, with delight; treated you like family!
I had the pleasure of eating there on October 29, 2012 and when I did I was instantly hooked to her food and her personality.  All of her food is cook to order.  She has a very eclectic menu of different cuisine, such as French, Italian, Spanish, Thailand, Japanese, Peruvian, Mediterranean, Brazilian, Mexican, and Venezuelan delicacies.  Not knowing what to order, I blindly asked her to pick and fix me a meal for my dinner.  To my surprise, Chef Cristina brought me out a Spanish dish called Salmon a la Costa Vasca with whipped mashed potatoes.  This dish was superb! No salt or pepper needed for this dish folks!  All of the seafood tasted fresh, every molecule of food had depth of flavor, and even the plate presentation was immaculate. Let’s just say, I left there happy and full.

I asked Cristina, “Are all of your ingredients fresh and homemade?” Cristina stated “Yes, including my seafood…all of my seafood is flown in for preparation. The salmon was shipped whole and fileted by my staff in the kitchen…before any plate hits your table, I will make sure it’s up to my standards before it is served.”  

Now you’re probably asking yourself, “Well, where is this restaurant located?”  CIC is located in Tupelo, Mississippi on 725 N. Gloster Street.  They are open on Monday and Thursday 11:00am – 9:30pm and Friday and Saturday from 11:00am – 10:30pm.  So, if you ever find yourself in the area, you have to visit Chef Cristina and her wonderful restaurant called Cristina’s International Cuisine.  

 
For more information about the restaurant visit: http://www.cristinasintlcuisinellc.com/ 

Food “4” Thoughts, this was mine…so what’s yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment