Thursday, November 1, 2012

Introducing: Your Community Food Chef



Hi Everyone,

I'm Lamar.  This is actually my very first blog, so I want to take some time to tell you who I am and what this blog is all about. I just turned 30 years old a few weeks ago (a huge life milestone) turning the BIG  “3-0”, forced to me reflect on who and where I am in life. My list of reflections included being married to my beautiful wife of three and a half years, having loving parents and an accomplished older brother, as well as a very supportive family who have been the backbone of my success.  I have a great career and actually enjoy what I do every day.  So, I asked myself this question, “What am I most passionate about?"  I am passionate about lots of things, like my family, my faith, drawing, playing video games (Yes, I know!), and watching movies. But, there is one thing that trumps all (besides my faith and family) and that is COOKING.

Since I could remember (possibly since I was 4 or 5 years old), I used to watch my grandma prepare meals in the kitchen every time she babysat my brother and I.  I believe this is where it all started.  If you read my ‘About Me’ section you might wonder, and ask yourself, “If he is so passionate about cooking, why didn’t you become a chef?” Well, I can explain…let’s fast forward to high school and college.

When I was in high school, my interest changed probably just like everyone else.  I began to think about girls, sports, and just plain old getting through high school into the college of my choice.  Before I got into my college of choice, my interests changed again and I began to think about what I thought I wanted to do with my life. A few occupations came in mind that paid pretty well; computers/technology, business, engineering, or medicine.  Only one of these choices interests me; the computer/technology industry.  I had taken some computer courses back in high school, and I remember saying that “I can do this for living.”   It’s now 2012, I am now a successful IT Risk Consultant.  But 10 years strong, the burning desire to be around the culinary scene has been dwelling inside of me.

So that’s why, I decided to start this blog. Yes, I've used other social media sites, but in my opinion this is not the same. So, “What is this blog about, you ask?” As a reader and a participant, you will be able to share recipes, tips and tricks for meal preparation, favorite restaurants in your hometown and cities you’ve visited, and of course, the cuisines of the world. As the author and a home chef, I will be able to share my explorations with food, hand crafted recipes, as well as, the journeys that have brought me to where I am today and adventures yet to come.

If you want to know more about me, my mission, and what I am trying to accomplish, please feel free to add me on Google+.

3 comments:

  1. Yea Buddy! Gotta follow your passion for sure! If you haven't already go get Gary Vaynerchuck's "Crush It" book and read that! Awesome stuff!

    Looking forward to more from you, keep on living the dream my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bob! Spread the word...trying to change people's lives along the way as well. I'll be posting another article tonight. Also, I will check out that book you're recommending.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great bro. Great Concept.Keep this up, and Food Network will be knocking at your door. I'm anticipating to hear about the community project, and what you are going to cook for your surrounding neigbors. Make sure they comment on your food, and have them give you a take away from the dinner table. Your mission is important,and food is your vehicle. Ohhhh.....make sure you have some healthy recipes too lol. This week I had the opportunity to travel to Hollywood, Fl and experienced some cuban food. Highly recommend Padrinos, very great food.

    ReplyDelete