Sunday, December 30, 2012

Drink your Dessert !?!



Merry Christmas and Happy New Year’s everyone!  With the holiday season coming to a close, I wanted to put out another recipe before 2013.  To help with my decision on what to make, I solicited my Facebook friends. 
 
On  December 17th, 2012,  I posted this on my wall:
  

“Hey FB Family, I need your input...

Since Christmas and New Year's is around the corner, there will be a lot of parties, family gatherings, and of course food being served.  I had the idea of putting out another recipe, but I wanted to hear from you first. What's a classic holiday dessert from your childhood past?  Everyone loves dessert, but what about taking the classic dessert and turning it into an adult drink :) Need I say more...post up with your desserts and I may turn yours into a crowd-pleaser.
The dessert with the most 'Likes' will be showcased on my blog.”

After about 30 minutes or so, suggestions started to flow in:  Flan, Tiramisu, Sweet Potato Pie, Sugar Cookies, Peach Cobbler (my favorite), Pecan Pie, Pineapple Upside Down Cake, Bananas Foster, and even Cheesecake.  

Now, making desserts and even drinks for this matter, is not my thing (that’s more my wife’s department).  So this was a challenge to pull off, but I think I got it.  Oh yea, you want to know which dessert won?  Drum roll please….Cheesecake!  

With five to six thorough rounds of testing, I was able to deconstruct the original cheesecake dessert recipe and transform it into an adult beverage.  With that said, I want to thank all of my Facebook friends for making great suggestions and my wife for helping with taste testing and setting up the backdrop for the picture.  

Since Cheesecake is most popular amongst women, it was only appropriate to name this drink: Ladies Choice.  Sorry fellas!

Drink Responsibly and Be Safe!

If you find this to be helpful, or have any suggestions/questions, feel free to leave a comment below.

Ladies Choice 

Ingredients:

  • 1 ½ oz. Half and Half
  • 1 oz. Torani Cheesecake Syrup
  •  ½ oz. Milk
  • ½ oz. Vodka
  • ¼ oz. Light Rum (Spiced)
  • ¼ oz. Raw Vanilla Liqueur
  • 2 Graham Crackers
  • 2 Tablespoons of Sugar
  • 2 Maraschino Cherries
  • ½ Lemon

Equipment

  • Martini Glass 
  • Shaker
  •  Jigger
  • 2 Small Shallow Plates
  • 1 Cutting Knife

Drink Recipe Instructions:


Step 1: Crush the 2 Graham Crackers together and add the 2 tablespoons of sugar to the graham cracker crumbs. Place in a small plate and set aside.

Step 2:  Slice a lemon in half, and squeeze one half of the lemon for juice into the other small plate and set aside. 

Step 3: Take the Martini glass and turn it upside down and dip and rotate the brim of the glass into the lemon juice, then dip the glass into the graham cracker crust mixture and rotate several times.  Leave the glass upside down in the graham cracker crust until you a ready to pour the liquid into the glass. 

Tip:  By leaving the glass upside down in the graham cracker crust, this will allow the mixture to set up and harden. Most importantly, any residual lemon juice on the brim will not go to the bottom of the Martini glass. If this happens, the lemon juice will cause the dairy to curdle.

Step 4: In the shaker over ice, use the jigger to add the ½ ounce Vodka, ¼ ounce Light Spiced Rum, ¼ ounce Raw Vanilla Liqueur, 1 ounce Torani Cheesecake Syrup, 1 ½ ounces Half and Half, and ½ ounce Milk.  Shake and pour into the Martini glass.

Step 5: Add the 2 Maraschino Cherries and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment